Is your life being negatively impacted by Treatment-Resistant Depression, Chronic Anxiety, Anorexia Nervosa, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, Obsessive Compulsive Personality Disorder and certain other Personality Disorders, Hyper-Perfectionism, Autism or Aspergers? Ready for Different? Change is Possible.
Core Counseling and Consulting, LLC is a clinical therapy team providing clinical assessments and the latest evidence-based treatments to address these areas of concern for adults, teens, couples and families.
At Core, clients learn new ways to understand themselves, interact with others, open themselves to opportunities and experiences, and to feel connected with others and the world around them. We utilize communication, openness, and flexibility to address and relax overcontrolled emotions that often lead to the above diagnoses. Behaviors can be addressed specifically using skills that are learned in a combination of settings.
We teach clients how to identify, embrace and live the outcomes they desire.
Core therapists offer:
- Individual therapy
- Group skills training in a classroom setting
- Family therapy
- Telephone contact/consultation
- Everyone has the right to access skills and learn strategies to alter ineffective behaviors, decrease suffering, increase experiences and ultimately, live a life full of potential, personal meaning and social connection.
- Changing behaviors changes outcomes.
- Through collaboration, a client and therapist can create a treatment plan addressing specific areas, with identified goals and observable milestone markers of progress.
- This is not your forever home and that the relationship between client and therapist is critical to success and successful termination.
We are committed to:
- Supporting the therapeutic relationship and its effectiveness through the incorporation of rating scales during each session and scheduled progress reviews.
- Incorporating therapeutically sound and evidenced based treatments into a comprehensive plan.
- Safety in all realms of the relationship: emotional, physical, psychological.
- Upholding the values of the NASW Code of Ethics.
- Employing the use of software that follows the latest HIPAA guidelines.
- Providing a trauma-informed environment and experience for clients.
First in St. Louis
Core Counseling and Consulting, LLC is the first private practice in the St. Louis, Missouri region to offer Radically Open Dialectical Behavior Therapy (RO-DBT). We continue to train directly with the developer of RO-DBT, Thomas Lynch, PhD. This is an evidence based treatment for clients negatively impacted by over control of their emotions and behaviors.